Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mom's 80th birthday

My Mom turned 80 last week and I wanted to do something really different. First I had made a bunch of the paper flowers. I used the scalloped circle in Plantin Schoolbook and did them in 1/2 inch increments. I used pink DCWV card stock, inked the edges brown, wet and crumpled them and let them dry. I then layered them and used a bronze brad in the middle and applied Glossy Accents to give them shine.




I cut out the screen from the French Manor cart in a burgundy DCWV card stock as well as the bird, which was done with white card stock. I used Stickles on the bird. The branches were also on the FM cart and I used brown DCWV card stock as well as Glossy Accents.


I'm not sure about the background paper. I bought it a while back as a single sheet. I believe it is Bo Bunny. The gold paper that I used behind the screen and for the sentiment is from DCWV shimmer stack. I used a MS punch on the bottom of the sentiment, which was printed from the computer directly to the card stock, cut out, edges inked and bottom punched.


I really love the way this card came out. So did my Mom!

1 comment: