Thursday, October 21, 2010

Creative Memories carts

I was asked to do a class this Saturday for a Creative Memories cropfest. It will be a Cricut class. In doing the demo work at JoAnns and Michaels I was so surprised to see how many people have the machines but rarely, if ever, use them! Most were intimidated and think it's too complicated. Many don't go online to look at videos or even the MB's, so the machine sits on a table or even still in the box.

So.....I met a lovely lady who is a CM consultant. From there I was asked to do a series of classes on the Cricut and the Gypsy and this Saturday is my first class. I wanted to do two simple make and takes that would incorporate several of the features of the machines so they would know what all those buttons do!

They sent me the Creative Memories carts, which I LOVE! I will definitely be purchasing both of those because they have such a variety and the fonts are lovely as well. I made two projects, one with each cart.

The first is the snowflake. I cut it out at 3" and used all of the layers, for a total of 4 cuts. I used different shades of blue cardstock and topped it off with white cardstock. This snowflake can be used as a gift tag, a LO embellishment or you can pop it on a card! This allowed me to use the multi-cut feature as the snowflake has very intricate cuts.



The second is an easy Christmas card. I cut this out at 4" and then used the fit to length feature to fit the sentiment into the frame opening. The whole sentiment read "Celebrate This Day", but I decided to just use "Celebrate". I also took the rectangle that was left over from cutting the frame and trimmed it with my paper trimmer to make it smaller. I adhered "Celebrate" to the middle, added some glitter and pop dotted it into the middle.


The frame could always be used on a LO, if they don't want to put the card together.

Both projects only took me about 20 minutes each. The thing that took the longest was having to cut each one individually since I had to do this without my Gypsy! I must confess - I can't design without my Gypsy! I played around with the carts for a couple of days before I decided to link them. Once I did that I came up with several designs in about 10 minutes! The Gypsy makes my life soooo much easier. Can't live without it!

As for the paper - the solid paper is all Core'dinations (both projects). The heart paper on the card is really old - like 6 years. No idea who the mfg is, but it's really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment