Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wilderness Trip Album

Thanks to the generosity of friends and family, and a lot of hard work by my DD Madeline, she was able to go on the Wilderness Trip.  Three weeks in Idaho!  They hiked 83 miles over 16 days and then whitewater rafted another 50 or so miles.  It was grueling, intense, hot, cold, scary, and fun!  The kids all had a great time!  This was such an awesome experience; they will never be the same.

So to keep my mind busy I made a lot of albums!  This was from an Archiver's album kit.  It's quite small for the number of photos she took, but it's a start!


The cover is made from corrugated cardboard.  Just peeled back the smooth outer layer to reveal the "wavy" cardboard.  I used a lot of Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo.





Madeline saw "roughing it" and looked at me and said "you're so funny".  Not sure she was quite over how intense the trip was at that point!




Lots of pocket pages and tags!  I need her to start writing while the memories are fresh in her mind!



All in all a cute book that was very easy to put together.  I love the kits from Archiver's!  They make crafting fun and easy, especially when you don't have the thought process to put something together yourself!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures that we will be putting into the book.  Idaho is simply beautiful!





1 comment:

  1. That is a really cute book! Love the pockets and tags!

    Michele (dancingarden @ the circle MB)
    http://scrap-n-dance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete