Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wedding Album inspired by Teresa Collins

WARNING - PICTURE HEAVY...................
Just a couple of weeks ago we got a phone call from my DH's nephew, a marine stationed in San Diego, with the news that he is getting married at the end of July!  After booking our flights, I immediately began a wedding album.  Fresh off of my Teresa Collins classes, I had a lot of inspiration, not to mention I already  had a stash of Mr. and Mrs. Teresa Collins paper line, as well as other TC lines that coordinated perfectly.  I took my DH to Archivers with me and he picked out the Bo Bunny Naked Binder to use for the album.  I was thinking chipboard to begin with, so that was perfect!  I wanted the cover to make an impact and be very decorative.  I used a variety of flowers, mostly Prima, along with some black crystal flourishes and black ribbon.

I cut out the tag from the TC Mr. and Mrs. line and pop dotted it on a white doily stained with black distress stain from Tim Holtz - even though it came out gray looking, it was perfect!


Inside cover:


Page 1 - front

Page 1 - back


Page 2 - this is actually a note card from TC.  This was one of the ideas that I got from the classes - all of the pages do not have to match in size.  The inside is blank for them to write their "love story"!



Page 3 - front


Page 3 - back


Page 4 - again, this was a Notations line paper from TC that was die cut (notice the left edge).  I cut it down to fit and use for journaling.


Page 5 - front


I used the embellishments I had to make a little "knob" that you would use to open the note cards, where you could put a photo of the bride and groom.


Page 5 - back - (picture perfect tag and left side strip is from TC Carolina Breeze)


Page 6 - a black tag!  I used the journaling card from the Bebe Chic TC line on the front and back!



Page 7 - front (the "memories" tag is from the Carolina Breeze TC line)


Page 7 - back - made a pocket for mementos!



Page 8 - this is the envelope that went with the note cards.  Actually it is supposed to be the inside of the envelope, but I liked the print so I reversed it! 


I like the way you could reverse the note cards and the envelopes!


Page 9 - this is a left over piece of the die cut paper from above!


While at Archiver's DH spotted this Marine medallion and told me to incorporate it into the album.  Great idea, but didn't really go with the color scheme, then I had the idea to use the two little dove stickers and a piece of ribbon!  The girl he is marrying is also a Marine!  This is the inside of the back cover.


Back cover!


1 comment:

  1. Teresa is really inspiration. It is really hard to make without use any application but teresa made it look so easy. This is really interesting way to make an album.

    VEK gallery

    ReplyDelete