Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding Card and Memory Box

It's been a rough 3 weeks. Between being really sick and having to go to New Orleans for my niece's wedding, I've hardly had time to do much of anything! Today I'm posting the memory box that I made for my niece, along with a card for her, made by my beautiful daughter Madeline.

I have the box hand made by a fellow in North Carolina. His name is Ernie and his business is Pop's Wood Shop. He's wonderful to do business with. I just tell him what I want and he makes it and ships it. This is the 2nd box I've had him made and I so very pleased with his work. The reason I needed something made is because I couldn't find a plain wooden box that was large enough to hold a lot of stuff.

This box is 12" x 12" x 8", so it can hold a lot of wedding stuff! The box arrives unfinished, allowing me to custom the look to the brides taste. As a matter of fact, I posted the box I did for the bride's brother, who got married last July.

I knew immediately what I wanted to do with this box. The wedding colors were black and white and the bride likes things simple. I painted the box, inside and out, with black acrylic paint. I then lined the interior of the box with black velvet. I took the wedding invitation and modpoged it onto the top and added a simple pearl and lace ribbon edging. We added nickel plated hardward and it was done!



For the card, since I was so sick, Madeline stepped up and made one for me. She cut the bride and groom from the Wedding cart. She used a white mesh ribbon to make a veil and then used glossy accents on the entire cut. She found the black and white paper from DCWV's new stack. She used Elegant Cakes for the swirly cut and the initials. Of couse, she used glossy accents on that too! Can you tell that's her favorite product????



I think she did a fabulous job! I really wish she'd spend more time crafting because I think she has an eye for it!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things soon. Three weeks without crafting is way too long! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment