Sunday, April 24, 2011

Altered Cabinet Door

Happy Easter everyone. Today I am posting my mother's Easter Day gift. I work for a real estate developer and we have a small area of sample building materials. In the process of purging a few months ago, there were a couple of cabinet doors, among other things, that I couldn't allow to be discarded, so I took them home!




I stripped down the door and then used Rub N Buff in Spanish Copper. It gives the door a metallic sheen. I found a single sheet of paper, which I cut down to fit into the recess of the door. I used one of my Mom's favorite photos of her and her two brothers. I had that reproduced into a 5x7 photo. I then cut out the faces of her Mom and Dad and put them into small frames along with a key and the Tim Holtz love ticket (see bottom right hand corner). I used some sample tile (from the sample room at my office) along the bottom of the recess.

I cut out two different flowers shapes from the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge, put together some flowers, added some bling in the middle. Then I ran across some old lace that I had left over from a project. I made a rosette and added the prima flower to the middle.

I will be entering this into the Cricut Circle Blog's reuse, recycle, repurpose contest! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. What a great repurpose for the cabinet doors! It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out!
    I have left a blog award for you on my blog.
    http://lolliscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kelly....this is fantastic ! It turned out so great and what a wonderful way to recycle something into a useful project.

    ReplyDelete