Friday, July 23, 2010

Wedding Memory Box




This is what has taken all of my time and the main reason I haven't posted in a long time! I had the box made because I wanted something larger than what I could find in the craft stores. The box is 12" x 12" x 8". I primed the box, then I used my sunflower stamp to stamp the sunflowers on the top of the box. I then used my LePlume pens to "paint" the flowers, then I filled in with the blue paint around the flowers and on the rest of the box.


After everything was painted and dried, I glued on some different shades of brown jewelry crystal beads to give it dimension.


I added some shiny brass handles on the sides, a hook closure, the hinges, some felt pads on the bottom corners and viola! I lined the bottom of the box and the inside lid with blue velvet. I enclosed the shower invitations and adhered the wedding invitation to the inside lid! My nephew and his fiance (now wife) loved it! I hope they will cherish it for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment